Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:38 am

Anybody have one?

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:46 am

I haven't seen one around here on the WURW threads, but Johny-the-Boy might own one; he's one bad motherfucker.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:22 am

Darn...Cant find Johny-the-boy in the members directory.

Thank You though
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by koimaster on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:24 am

Nice! A self proclaimed Spec Ops watch that stands out like a sore thumb. A shooters delight.

_________________


1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
avatar
koimaster
Owner

Join date : 2009-12-17
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:28 am

Why is this even posted in the military watch forum? It doesn't have a single picture of a tank, helicopter, missile submarine or anything on it! Not to mention that the styling claims no inspiration whatsoever from jet fighter engine intake rivets, hand grenades, historical cannon carriage wheel chocks or the pen MacArthur signed the Japanese surrender on board the battleship Missouri with! No bolt action, no crosshairs, no bandolier style strap - nothing - except a wimpy "Special Ops" label!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 am

Yeah like real special ops forces would wear that shit.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:35 am

I think you'd be better off with a black FrankenMonster and a good flashlight.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by koimaster on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 am

They would be better off with a Stocker & Yale

http://www.monochrome.nl/the-real-military-watch-stocker-yale-sandy-490-series-i/

_________________


1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
avatar
koimaster
Owner

Join date : 2009-12-17
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:43 am

Anybody know about electricl induction in this application?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 am

WASP wrote:Anybody know about electricl induction in this application?

Cell phones yes - watches no.
Hmmm, wireless power...what could possibly go wrong?
In a watch it sounds like tech for tech's sake to me.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by koimaster on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 am

Old news for those who have the old school electric wrist watches.


http://electric-watches.co.uk/

_________________


1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
avatar
koimaster
Owner

Join date : 2009-12-17
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 am

Seiko makes and induction charger to charge the capacitor in their kinetic models.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:05 am

labman wrote:Seiko makes and induction charger to charge the capacitor in their kinetic models.

Ah yes - Need one of those.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 am

Field tested, mortal kombat approved!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:22 am

jaw wrote:
labman wrote:Seiko makes and induction charger to charge the capacitor in their kinetic models.

Ah yes - Need one of those.

Me too - however I did come across a thread where apparently an Oral-B toothbrush charger can be used to charge the capacitor on Seikos.

I am going to try it this weekend and I'll post my success or failure. Shocked
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 am

labman wrote:
jaw wrote:
labman wrote:Seiko makes and induction charger to charge the capacitor in their kinetic models.

Ah yes - Need one of those.

Me too - however I did come across a thread where apparently an Oral-B toothbrush charger can be used to charge the capacitor on Seikos.

I am going to try it this weekend and I'll post my success or failure. Shocked

Really?!? Please post.
Tough to get a full charge on a Kinetic when you own more than 1 watch.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks. Im reading that if one uses a non seiko charger that the coil in the watch and the coil in the charger can not be stacked. They need to be offset a bit for the coil fields to transfer current properly.

Cheers
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 am

jaw wrote:
labman wrote:
jaw wrote:
labman wrote:Seiko makes and induction charger to charge the capacitor in their kinetic models.

Ah yes - Need one of those.

Me too - however I did come across a thread where apparently an Oral-B toothbrush charger can be used to charge the capacitor on Seikos.

I am going to try it this weekend and I'll post my success or failure. Shocked

Really?!? Please post.
Tough to get a full charge on a Kinetic when you own more than 1 watch.

Yep - really going to try it; last time I tried to get my kinetic to a full charge I think pulled tendon in my elbow shaking the son-of-a-bitch for so long. Laughing
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 am

Well the Oral-B charger experiment has been a failure so far.

I have had my kenetic



case back on the charger (in various positions) since Friday night; it started at a reserve of 20 seconds and had remained at 20 seconds as of 5 minutes ago.

I will try the watch with the face towards the charger overnight tonight but I am not holding my breath.

Will update tomorrow.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:50 pm

I had that very model. I actually acquired it during a deployment. Shortly after that, I gave it away to a female Soldier who handled our resupply drops (parachute resupply). The watch was very poorly designed for anything I'd want to do with it in combat. And, I would cringe at the thought of having a negligent light discharge at night and signaling our position. But, the joint logistics cell (special operations) does a lot of their parachute rigging at night within the confines of the forward operating base. So, I figured she'd be able to get some use out of it. But, for a combat Soldier, that light button should be a screw down crown that would activate only if you really wished it. The DLC on the black models is NOT; it is really cheap black IP. The idea that I would need to recharge this thing every night is ridiculous for operations. What if I am in a very austere location where electricity is a rare luxury?

I do own two other watches from that company and both are analog quartz watches with no crazy features - just great lume. If a watch is fairly accurate, readable at a glance, tough, relatively light, is at least 100m water resistant, and has great lume, that's a great combat watch. Brand does not matter and marketing does not matter.

The only watch that I have that has consistently deployed to every place I've been sent since I have acquired it is an Omega Seamaster Pro Automatic. It fulfills all the requirements I give a "combat" watch.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm

MTM was the WBOTD on Watchforums.org on 9.9.12, I would give a link but on my cell. Go to the home page then to watch brand of the day second page. Other than a little press from being in Transformers I have seen or heard of anyone owning one.

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:46 pm

labman wrote:Well the Oral-B charger experiment has been a failure so far.

I have had my kenetic



case back on the charger (in various positions) since Friday night; it started at a reserve of 20 seconds and had remained at 20 seconds as of 5 minutes ago.

I will try the watch with the face towards the charger overnight tonight but I am not holding my breath.

Will update tomorrow.

I just read a 10 page long thread on this earlier believe it or not. It seems the Oral-B charger works on some older models but not newer ones like yours, it has to do with the coil positions. The Dakota Watch Company's REQ induction charger works if you position the watch off center and they only cost $50 on their website, much cheaper than the Seiko charger. There are even reviews of the Dakota REQ charger on their website where people say it charged their kinetic.

I'm on my phone but a quick google search of "dakota watch charger seiko kinetic" should pull up the thread.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 am

Danka

Wasp
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:59 am

AJC wrote:
labman wrote:Well the Oral-B charger experiment has been a failure so far.

I have had my kenetic



case back on the charger (in various positions) since Friday night; it started at a reserve of 20 seconds and had remained at 20 seconds as of 5 minutes ago.

I will try the watch with the face towards the charger overnight tonight but I am not holding my breath.

Will update tomorrow.

I just read a 10 page long thread on this earlier believe it or not. It seems the Oral-B charger works on some older models but not newer ones like yours, it has to do with the coil positions. The Dakota Watch Company's REQ induction charger works if you position the watch off center and they only cost $50 on their website, much cheaper than the Seiko charger. There are even reviews of the Dakota REQ charger on their website where people say it charged their kinetic.

I'm on my phone but a quick google search of "dakota watch charger seiko kinetic" should pull up the thread.

Thanks for the info on Dakota AJC - my results with the Oral-B coincide with the 10 page thread; no increase in capacitor charge with almost 72 hours of contact time.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Induction Battery recharge, hmmm?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum