My Beater

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Beater

Post by investigator on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Had this watch for about a year. It's my work watch. It came with a stainless stretch bracelet which I destroyed so I put a nato on it. It's taken quite a bit of abuse from constant impact vibrations to paint and putty. So far so good. $25, can't go wrong. Old camera seems to work nicely still too.

A bit of background about this shot. I figured it would be nice for me, as a newcomer, to post a photo of a watch I own. I wanted it to make a statement with a bit of added humor and this is what I came up with. I really like how it turned out. I had to dig in my closet for that bronze middle finger lighter and its a nod to you fucking haters. Cheers!



Last edited by investigator on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
investigator
Troll Toy

Join date : 2013-02-28
Age : 22
Location : Harbin

Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:57 pm

I only just noticed his new signature:

Investegater wrote:Hey! Asshole! Ya, you with the ugly face. Fuck you
conjurer, bigedsurf, Horse Feathers, codguy, Kahuna74, jason_recliner, AJC!

Who are you calling ugly?



By the way, congratulations Conjurer on top billing. Nicely played, sir Laughing
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:00 pm

The Nato is the wrong size for those lugs.

Nice looking watch save for the ill fitting strap. I guess if Bond could do it then so can you.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:01 pm

jason_recliner wrote:I only just noticed his new signature:

Investegater wrote:Hey! Asshole! Ya, you with the ugly face. Fuck you
conjurer, bigedsurf, Horse Feathers, codguy, Kahuna74, jason_recliner, AJC!

Who are you calling ugly?



By the way, congratulations Conjurer on top billing. Nicely played, sir Laughing

Why, thank you, Toby. What a gracious complement!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by investigator on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:03 pm

foghorn wrote:The Nato is the wrong size for those lugs.

Nice looking watch save for the ill fitting strap. I guess if Bond could do it then so can you.

Ya, it's just something I had laying around. It keeps it on my wrist and that's enough for this guy. Not going to win any fashion or style points but it works.

Here it is with the original strap: amazon.com/Timex-T2N302-Classics-White-Bracelet/dp/B003UMDUMK


Last edited by investigator on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
investigator
Troll Toy

Join date : 2013-02-28
Age : 22
Location : Harbin

Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Something tells me the statue gets a better workout, glad to see you found a companion that conveniently sits erect for you.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Horse Feathers wrote:Something tells me the statue gets a better workout, glad to see you found a companion that conveniently sits erect for you.

The statue is actually stainless steel!

Shocked
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 pm


Investegater wrote:Hey! Asshole! Ya, you with the ugly face. Fuck you
conjurer, bigedsurf, Horse Feathers, codguy, Kahuna74, jason_recliner, AJC!

I'm in good company!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:54 am

I don't see a picture of any watch.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:30 am

That beater is in pretty fine shape. You the guy that paints in a Tuxedo?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:41 am

I'm just plum tickled pink that I made the list. Thank you, everyone!

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by investigator on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:49 am

Wasp wrote:That beater is in pretty fine shape. You the guy that paints in a Tuxedo?

I sometimes work in my smoking jacket. Ya, the Timex is in pretty good shape. Here's its predecessor:



Taking it out of the drawer to take a picture, I noticed it's actually working. I say that because the Timex replaced this watch I had thought was busted or needed a new battery. I assumed it might be busted because, at that time, the battery in it was a week old before it stopped and I didn't want to get rid of it before I tried a new battery but I never got around to it. Anyway, to my surprise, it's still ticking, but the chrono function doesn't work anymore. Nice, now I have a rotation of beaters.
avatar
investigator
Troll Toy

Join date : 2013-02-28
Age : 22
Location : Harbin

Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 am

investigator wrote:I assumed it might be busted because, at that time, the battery in it was a week old before it stopped and I didn't want to get rid of it before I tried a new battery but I never got around to it.

Jesus Christ, what a beautiful sentence!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 am

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:21 pm

investigator wrote:Taking it out of the drawer to take a picture, I noticed it's actually working. I say that because the Timex replaced this watch I had thought was busted or needed a new battery. I assumed it might be busted because, at that time, the battery in it was a week old before it stopped and I didn't want to get rid of it before I tried a new battery but I never got around to it. Anyway, to my surprise, it's still ticking, but the chrono function doesn't work anymore. Nice, now I have a rotation of beaters.

You're not that bright, are you?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Aww man... I didn't git no mention in the troll's attempt to be twitty.

That's what I get for taking a few days off from douche duty...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Horse Feathers wrote:Something tells me the statue gets a better workout, glad to see you found a companion that conveniently sits erect for you.

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 pm

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Horse Feathers wrote:Something tells me the statue gets a better workout, glad to see you found a companion that conveniently sits erect for you.

this made me laugh. you're on a roll.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Beater

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum