Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by koimaster on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 am


_________________


1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
avatar
koimaster
Owner

Join date : 2009-12-17
Location : Oregon

Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 pm

The Anchar is a nice looking watch, believe Carl had one....
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah, its a really nice watch on the wrist. The most comfortable big diver I have ever worn. A great case and highly readable dial.



avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:14 pm

The date starts to change at 8:30?? Russian watches should just ditch the date and they might not be half bad.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:17 pm

I like the looks, but the second hand is choppy as hell and the finish looks a little cheap.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:03 pm

foghorn wrote:The date starts to change at 8:30?? Russian watches should just ditch the date and they might not be half bad.

I think they use the Seiko movement in this one.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Very nice, Beds...I especially like it on the NATO strap. How is it for accuracy? Does the bezel work smoothly? I ask this latter question because I've come close to buying a Rooshin watch (though not this particular brand) from a local jeweler, and the bezel was a booger, so I opted to pass...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 am

Mortuus wrote:Very nice, Beds...I especially like it on the NATO strap. How is it for accuracy? Does the bezel work smoothly? I ask this latter question because I've come close to buying a Rooshin watch (though not this particular brand) from a local jeweler, and the bezel was a booger, so I opted to pass...
It had a low-end Seiko calibre that worked well...though I'm not a movement timing kind of guy. The second hand wasn't choppy...though it wasn't ETA smooth either. The bezel and crown were really good. The finish on the hands was basic. Not a bad watch at all.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:20 am

conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:The date starts to change at 8:30?? Russian watches should just ditch the date and they might not be half bad.

I think they use the Seiko movement in this one.

But look at the date window in Kois post. They even managed to screw up a Seiko date mechanism. Rushians hayte dates!!
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:21 am

Or it's those damned Lithuanians fault.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:51 am

Obviously, Foggy, you don't appreciate the myriad contributions Lithuania has made to mankind...surely you've heard of the Lithugraph process for replicating anything from everyday copies of notes and documents to the ultimate producer of copied art...? Some Lithugraphs are worth a ton of cash...Jeebus... Shocked
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:07 am

foghorn wrote:
conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:The date starts to change at 8:30?? Russian watches should just ditch the date and they might not be half bad.

I think they use the Seiko movement in this one.

But look at the date window in Kois post. They even managed to screw up a Seiko date mechanism. Rushians hayte dates!!

Not only are dates the equivalent of the Ars Diaboli to them, they have difficulty with even the most basic observations as well - thus the nearly ubiquitous addition (regrettably not in this case) of those ridiculous day/night indicators.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Vostok Anchar K162 Russian Submarine Watch NH25A-510143Y

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum