Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.

Go down

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Empty Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Well ive been searching for a watch box for awhile lately. Its been a daunting task as Ill never pay top dollar for anything. Call me frugal or cheap but I just feel better when I get a deal. Most boxes though for watches just didnt fit my needs. I am putting a cap on the amount of watches I can have at any given time to 10. Most watch boxes that only hold 10 watches are just single layer. I wanted something that would hold watches plus have a drawer for other accessories. Finally found this on ebay and they price matched it to qvc plus another $8 off. Its a mele & co box and is very nice. I would recommend it to anyone who has smaller wrists as the pillows fit a 6.5" sized watch perfectly. It has plenty of clearance unless you wear extremely large watches. It has a real glass window instead of alot of the plexi glass you see. Total price to my door was $42.80 Fit and finish is excellent with a nice hinged lid. Overall Im super satisfied with the new home for my collection.

Packaging was not very encouraging.
Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch077

The previous box was wrapped around this box as more of a sleeve with no packing material
Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch078

atleast there was some give with the styro corners and minimal packing
Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch079

I love burled oak
Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch081

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch085

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch087-1

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch086

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch083

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Watch082

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Empty Re: Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:13 pm

nice pick up for the ducats........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  Empty Re: Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:35 pm

bigedsurf wrote:nice pick up for the ducats........

ducats?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:38 pm

price, money paid........it's an old saying purple.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:12 pm

bigedsurf wrote:price, money paid........it's an old saying purple.

I get it. Looking up ducat on google cleared that up, lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Noob Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Nice looking box, looks a bit like my Humidor. congrats, and I like the idea of a 10 limit.
Watch Noob
Watch Noob
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Watch Noob wrote:Nice looking box, looks a bit like my Humidor. congrats, and I like the idea of a 10 limit.

thanks alot! Yeah, I have to put a cap on it. There comes a point where you just cant use them all. I figure some of them im bound to get sick of and will just sell some to get different ones. I figure anything over ten and too many would be neglected. I have them to wear not just put in a purdy box. I seriously dont know how guys who have a watch for every day of the decade do it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Noob Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 pm

purpledc wrote:
Watch Noob wrote:Nice looking box, looks a bit like my Humidor. congrats, and I like the idea of a 10 limit.

thanks alot! Yeah, I have to put a cap on it. There comes a point where you just cant use them all. I figure some of them im bound to get sick of and will just sell some to get different ones. I figure anything over ten and too many would be neglected. I have them to wear not just put in a purdy box. I seriously dont know how guys who have a watch for every day of the decade do it.

Agreed, I have around 20 and would like to cut back to 10 for the same reasons.
Watch Noob
Watch Noob
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Watch Noob wrote:
purpledc wrote:

Agreed, I have around 20 and would like to cut back to 10 for the same reasons.

well let me help you out. Just six of yours to me and then ill be at my limit and you will be halfway to your quota.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey, I got that same one because of your post. Though I think I saw it at WUS.

Great box. I tried to enforce a 10 watch limit but now I'm hiding watches in the drawer.
Got a nice burl oak box for cheap.  432977
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down