Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Could I Do? Mrs. C Wanted One...

2 posters

Go down

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... Empty What Could I Do? Mrs. C Wanted One...

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:04 am

I picked this one up on Shop for Mrs. C for Xmas:

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... 001-74

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... 002-91

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... 005-73

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... 004-86

It's one of the newer Karamica ceramic watches that Lior's been flogging; Mrs. C wanted this one, as it's smaller (34mm) and I've been pricing ceramics out at B&M, and marrone, they're expensive. It's also surprisingly heavy, and it looks good on me, too!:

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... 007-64

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... 241961
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... Empty Re: What Could I Do? Mrs. C Wanted One...

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:18 am

You clearly had no choice, so no foul called. "Honey, I want one of those" trumps all other considerations. It is an attractive watch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... Empty Re: What Could I Do? Mrs. C Wanted One...

Post by Watch Noob Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:25 am

Those are actually pretty nice for the ladies. White ceramic is becoming very popular, I see a few girls around the office with this style. Nice choice, but it looks like hell on you John.
Watch Noob
Watch Noob
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:37 am

I bought my daughter a similar CERAMIQUE brand watch from PrecisionTime. $71 on sale delivered, which was a bargain compared to other brands. It's really quite nice with full ceramic case, bezel insert and bracelet, silver ss accents and a MOP dial.

John, I hope Cay enjoys hers as much as my daughter likes the one she got.

White ceramic is really "in" now.

Last edited by Datsun240Z71 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by koimaster Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 am

What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... 458437

My eldest daughter has the same watch and loves it so I have to agree, no harm no foul....this time.

But if you go out in public wearing that yourself, :8YKYHUH:
koimaster
koimaster
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:24 pm

I think Sandra Bullock in the "Blind Side" really put these on the map for the general public. That's what tripped my wifes trigger. Who can deny the attention of white ceramic against a nice tan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm

T'aint bad. My own betrothed owns two freakin' SOs just because she liked the way they looked. "The heart wants what it wants," said Woody Allen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words and good thoughts, guys.

Interestingly, I was looking at an Emporio Armani at the Bon Marche--err, I mean Macys a couple of months ago; it wasn't as attractive as the SL, it had a Japanese movement inside instead of a Swiss movement (for what that's worth) and the saleslady rather snootily said, as she handed it to me, that "These things never go on sale." Price: around four bills. Well, the Armani certainly didn't sell that day.

Mrs. C, BTW, has rather eclectic taste in watches; she owns Raymond Weils, a Movado, a very nice VSA with an ETA 2892 in it (I don't even have one of those) and, her newest fave, an Orient lady's Tri-Star auto. On the other hand, she has a couple of Invictas, a couple of SO's and a buttload of really cheap Chinese fashion watches. She appreciates the nice ones, and wears them all, keeping me busier than one of those Precision Time kiosk mouth-breathers replacing batteries.

If anybody here understands women, please fucking PM me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:07 pm

conjurer wrote:If anybody here understands women, please fucking PM me.

How can anyone say they understand women when they change thier dang minds like a freaking light switch.We all have are ways to get around mind fields my is yes dear even if I didn't hear a a word till it was too late. As for the watch in my house what she likes is what she get's even if I hate it. doesn't look to girly on but don't wear it out doors
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:37 pm

just don't take her to any sobe nite spots. people will think she's a celeb
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:41 pm

conjurer wrote:.... keeping me busier than one of those Precision Time kiosk mouth-breathers replacing batteries.

If anybody here understands women, please fucking PM me.

There's the line of the week, that first one.

I bet you aren't gonna get any PMs, unfortunately.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:12 pm

I'm quite fond of ceramic. There's something about the look and the durability that I like.

I was inches from picking up a blue and white used ceramic Invicta but when I showed my wife she said it looked gay.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 pm

I bought an Android abyss black ceramic. 40mm and only 6mm thick. I have it around here somewhere. Not bad.
What Could I Do?  Mrs. C Wanted One... J175589?hei=1500&wid=1500&op_sharpen=1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum