Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With over 20 Russian watch brands, why Invicta?

Go down

With over 20 Russian watch brands, why Invicta?  Empty With over 20 Russian watch brands, why Invicta?

Post by koimaster Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:00 am

koimaster
koimaster
Owner

Back to top Go down

With over 20 Russian watch brands, why Invicta?  Empty Re: With over 20 Russian watch brands, why Invicta?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 am

I've owned my share of Russkies, and after getting rid of all of them (save a very nice Aviator handcranker I got as a gift, which I still wear sometimes) I'd have to ask, Why Russian?

Some of them have been all right as curios, such as the Vostok Scuba Dude, but by and large, most of the Russian stuff I've owned has been pretty second rate. They use ancient movements, they're inaccurate, they break easily or arrive defective. The bracelets or straps they use might have been originally designed by the KGB for use on dissidents in the basement of the Lubyanka. Also, apart from a few webstores like Russia2all, which charges way too fucking much, you never know if you're getting something original or franken.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

With over 20 Russian watch brands, why Invicta?  Empty Re: With over 20 Russian watch brands, why Invicta?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:11 am

Russian watches are crap.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 am

boscoe wrote:Russian watches are crap.

As usual, boscoe says in four words something that took me 127.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 am

"...or straps they use might have been originally designed by the KGB for use on dissidents in the basement of the Lubyanka."

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Hard to sort out what is a true Russian watch these days....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Eyore's granny enjoys Russian semen. Oops, seamen. Or both!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Evidence of why we won the Cold War. Inability to keep up. Their watches reflect their level of sophistication. Crude, but effective - like a Mig 19 or a Victor III sub - sailors shoveling the plutonium into the reactor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Meh

They can't even figure out how to make a quick change date.

Fuck Russia
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down