Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about watch strap prices

Go down

Question about watch strap prices Empty Question about watch strap prices

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Could the more knowledgeable of you explain why some some custom straps cost sssooo much?

An example of what I see IMO as ridiculously priced straps here:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f319/fs-3-brand-new-watch-straps-just-added-455729.html

I'm especially intrigued by the third strap down; The "Psychotic". While my financial philosophy is "They never called anyone a millionaire for spending a million dollars.", I'm not opposed to buying something luxurious if it strikes my fancy. That said $260 for that strap is simply beyond my comprehension.

OTOH, this guy's stuff seems like it's a good value? And for the sake of disclosure I bought a few from this guy and they certainly seem nice in my uneducated perception?
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f319/fs-handmade-straps-20mm-22mm-24mm-26mm-bjstrap-441610.html

I patiently await to be enlightened. (Seriously!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Question about watch strap prices Empty Re: Question about watch strap prices

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:31 pm

You got me.
Because someone will pay?
I have Ferragamo shoes (delightful) that cost $550 FOR A PAIR. Much more leather and work. And, yeah, you could argue my shoes are expensive and a rip off - until you wear them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Why are the examples all damaged??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:36 pm

No clue...

I would send the picture to Brian from BJ Straps and he can copy it...his prices are way too low IMO!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:05 pm

boscoe wrote:You got me.
Because someone will pay?
I have Ferragamo shoes (delightful) that cost $550 FOR A PAIR. Much more leather and work. And, yeah, you could argue my shoes are expensive and a rip off - until you wear them.

Shoes... I get that. There's nothing like a great pair. I have custom made Wesco boots (http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/home.asp) that I bought thirty years ago. Cost a pretty penny too. When my feet started to change thanks to age they rebuilt them to fit all over again. (Another pretty penny!) I can still comfortably spend day after day in them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm

They are custom made, unique (not two are alike) for what I see in the pics are not impressed but is all a matter of personal taste... I have a custom made strap, made of Hornback Crocodile, 27mm ..paid $200.00 for it and I love it.
 Question about watch strap prices Z02

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:47 pm

-Because they are handmade. Takes time to stitch and glue and stitch. Imagine the blisters!!!
-Because the leather are sourced from only a few pieces or the leather is hard to go, especially so if they are "exotic" animals like crocodile, alligator etc
-Because they are targetted to be sold to people who CAN AFFORD expensive watches, so it makes sense to price them higher.
--Because the strapmakers need to survive and buy expensive watches!

HAHAHAHA.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum