Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models?

Go down

24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models? Empty 24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models?

Post by koimaster Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:52 pm

I know little about Russian watches but I am learning more about them as they become a bigger player in the game. I am if any Russian movements are being built which are 24 hour models or alarm models.
koimaster
koimaster
Owner

Back to top Go down

24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models? Empty Re: 24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 am

I have ths Aviator 24 hour.
Not sure about the alarm watches though.

24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models? Picture1270
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models? Empty Re: 24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:30 am

There is an avid collector of Russian 24-hour watches, who maintains a site dedicated to them:
Russian 24 Hours
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:31 pm

koimaster wrote:I know little about Russian watches but I am learning more about them as they become a bigger player in the game. I am if any Russian movements are being built which are 24 hour models or alarm models.
Since 24 hours models have been briefly discussed, here is my little tale on alarms one..
The 2612 is basically a typical manual wind movement with 18 jewels and an alarm mechanism tripped by the hour hand, it has its own spring barrel that is wound separately to power a hammer that in turn bangs against a stump like pin welded to the inside of the case-back.
The 4 o'clock crown is to wind the mainspring and set the time (with the understanding that the hour hand must never be turned backwards past the alarm hand) The 2 o'clock crown operates the wind and set the alarm. A coaxial hand with the hour, minute and second hands shows when the alarm will trigger, the alarm hand can only be turned counter-clockwise.
It is a low beat movement....38/40hours power reserve , shock-proof(if so fitted) in 1959 the Soviet Union's 1st Moscow Watch Factory created the 'Signal' line based on a A. Schilde movement, then improved on the original .....currently is share by other Russian makers like Aviator and models from Winsky-Poljot.
Very accurate and sturdy !!!here is a not so new picture of my 2612 fitted Poljot Dolphin...
24 Hour movements. Are there any Russian models? Poljot
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down