Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ergf. How to get bracelet links when company no longer exists?

Go down

Ergf. How to get bracelet links when company no longer exists? Empty Ergf. How to get bracelet links when company no longer exists?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm thinking I may be SOL on this one outside of finding another of the same watch to cannibalize links, but that would be a stupidly insane proposition.

I bought a Potger Pietri "Earthquake" Valjoux 7750 * and as it turns out the bracelet is sized for 7.75 inches with no extra links, and I need another half inch.

I called Invicta and they said I'm SOL due to the age of the watch (2006).

I suppose I can try and convert it to a strap if need be, but I'd like to make the bracelet work.

Are there any companies/individuals that do custom link fabrication? I would imagine that owners of vintage watches run into this issue periodically.

Thanks.

* Yes I know the whole "Earthquake" marketing thing is made up bullshit. I'm still not 100% sure if this particular model predates the acquisition of the brand by Invicta or was made during their ownership. I've had one in hand before (black dial) and liked it, but this is the white dial which actually looks more intriguing and the price was right, so I snagged it. Way too many pics once it gets here.

Looking back at Skelly's marketing drool at the time, and him using words like "humongous" and "massive" to describe the Earthquake really drives home just how ludicrously large the watches on ShopNBC have grown over the last 6 years... the Earthquake was 42mm sans crown... yet considered a behemoth at the time. I would venture that the vast majority of anything on Shop today is well north of that number. Actually, according to Geeks, 42mm is a ladies' size.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ergf. How to get bracelet links when company no longer exists? Empty Re: Ergf. How to get bracelet links when company no longer exists?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:02 pm

55mm is ladies size. 42mm is for toddlers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ergf. How to get bracelet links when company no longer exists? Empty Re: Ergf. How to get bracelet links when company no longer exists?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Try looking for "Prowler" (I think that was the name) links. I think the bracelet was the same or very similar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 pm

foghorn wrote:Try looking for "Prowler" (I think that was the name) links. I think the bracelet was the same or very similar.

Better jump quick, there are only ten available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-Mens-Prowler-Automatic-Analogue-Watch-4520-Stainless-Steel-Case-/350528538909?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item519d21091d
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Holy Shit!!!!

At $2,913.51 those bitches won't last another 5 minutes.

Light-speed is about the only way you'll be able to pick up one of those bad boys!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Yet another exmple of how the Brits are trying to screw us all over. Either that, or the exchange rate with the pound must be really fucked up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Shame we cant find someone, somewhere that owns the watch and has "little thin wrists" Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Horse Feathers wrote:Shame we cant find someone, somewhere that owns the watch and has "little thin wrists" Laughing

Oh, believe me, HF, if I owned one of those, I'd send Dorks the whole fucking bracelet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 am

Oh, believe me, HF, if I owned one of those, I'd send Dorks the whole fucking bracelet.

... and the fist. Laughing

Geekdom is chock full of 98-pound weaklings with girlie wrists wearing Venoms, Sea Hunters, Arsenals, and other ball & chain manacles, yet I can't seem to find one with this watch... of course I can't actually post over there without revealing myself as a WL, since I've posted this request here and a few other fora.

In retrospect, I probably should have used a throwaway account and posted over there first. Dagnabit! I hate 20-20 hindsight...

Razzleframnitz.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:12 am

This is why Invicta Watch Group is the most feared watch company in the world.
Just sell the thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by koimaster Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 am

WatchDorks.Net wrote:

... and the fist. Laughing

Geekdom is chock full of 98-pound weaklings with girlie wrists wearing Venoms, Sea Hunters, Arsenals, and other ball & chain manacles, yet I can't seem to find one with this watch... of course I can't actually post over there without revealing myself as a WL, since I've posted this request here and a few other fora.

In retrospect, I probably should have used a throwaway account and posted over there first. Dagnabit! I hate 20-20 hindsight...

Razzleframnitz.

doubtful anyone over there would have the real deal anyway unless they were on the forums pre-WG. That watch is from circa 2005-2006 if I recall correctly. The new versions do not even compare to it.
koimaster
koimaster
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down