Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I could really use some strap options

Go down

I could really use some strap options Empty I could really use some strap options

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 1:11 pm

What strap do you guys think would look good on this Vintage Caravelle? I purchased it a few months back for $15 just the watch head no band. I did have it on a gold tone Twist'O flex bracelet but now have it on this black Alligator style strap I had lying around. It works ok but I would rather have a newer one. I was thinking of a Genuine Lizard? But I'm open to any suggestions. I don't want to spend to much for the strap after all the watch cost me $15.00

I could really use some strap options DSC00808
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

I could really use some strap options Empty Re: I could really use some strap options

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Lizard is always a good choice, but I'd say your Caravelle is looking pretty sharp on the gator. Looks like way more than $15.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

I could really use some strap options Empty Re: I could really use some strap options

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Falstaff wrote:Lizard is always a good choice, but I'd say your Caravelle is looking pretty sharp on the gator. Looks like way more than $15.

Thanks I agree. If I do go with Lizard should I go with a black or brown?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Why not try the brown? A little less formal than the black. I think you'll find you wear it more with the brown - and it will work nicely with the gold tone. Dress up? Put the black one on for the Ambassador's Ball.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Although on second thought, if you do go brown - croc or gator might be a better choice than lizard. I tend to think of lizard as more of a dress strap and it usually looks better in black.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Falstaff wrote:Although on second thought, if you do go brown - croc or gator might be a better choice than lizard. I tend to think of lizard as more of a dress strap and it usually looks better in black.

I could do that? So far its a toss up between these three?

I could really use some strap options De-beer-alligator-grain-XXL-00S-vertical $29.99

I could really use some strap options HR-MS717-Crocodile-Grain-00G-Vertical $21.99

And this Genuine Lizard $29.00

http://www.thewatchprince.com/Hadley-Roma-Java-Lizard-18mm-Long-Black

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Your call. If you want to keep it as a dress piece - black lizard all the way. More casual? Medium brown croc or gator. I've got a vintage 14kt. Hamilton Sherwood/Seneca that I switch back and forth between brown gator and black croc all the time. I put both the wife's vintage Cartier tank and my gold tone vintage Accutron on black lizard - they look like a million bucks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 3:17 pm

A thin strap (not thick padded) whether it be lizzard or leather. The thick padded straps don't look right on vintage watches.

I say get a good quality leather, chocolate brown.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 3:52 pm

Falstaff wrote:Your call. If you want to keep it as a dress piece - black lizard all the way. More casual? Medium brown croc or gator. I've got a vintage 14kt. Hamilton Sherwood/Seneca that I switch back and forth between brown gator and black croc all the time. I put both the wife's vintage Cartier tank and my gold tone vintage Accutron on black lizard - they look like a million bucks.

Makes a lot of sense. I could always go back and forth between a Lizard and the current strap I have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 3:54 pm

surferjohn wrote:A thin strap (not thick padded) whether it be lizzard or leather. The thick padded straps don't look right on vintage watches.

I say get a good quality leather, chocolate brown.

Agreed with the thick padded part.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by koimaster Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 pm

I could really use some strap options 1194075328

Laughing
koimaster
koimaster
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Lizard. And not notched, it should be the width of the lug space. With the notches like you have currently, the head gets lost.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 7:42 pm

The HR lizard in black would be the tits with that watch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down