Watchlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pictures from a home made light box

2 posters

Go down

Pictures from a home made light box Empty Pictures from a home made light box

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:32 pm

You are kind of limited when you are using what you have available but, with a little effort, you can get a shot worth posting for what you are wearing on a particular day. Here are just a few that I felt came out, OK.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And when one is taking pictures you can not help but think about that old standard call out, "say cheese". With that I offer my last picture. One of the finest watches ever made. With a true "Swiss Movement", however entirely built by the steady hands of communist Chinese workers in a sweat shop somewhere where God has forgotten. While I am not totally sure how that Swiss/Chinese thing actually works, I have been assured on national TV (ShopNBC) that this is, a genuine article! Best yet, I paid less than $100 for it. Boy, am I smart and are they suckers!!! Well also, seeing as the fine craftsmen that build this watch make only about .22 a day, that does hold down on cost. I can not remember the gentleman's name on that TV show but I think his initials may have been JS or BS. I am almost sure it was one of those. He seemed to really know his stuff and he swore everything he said was the truth. He could be confusing though. On episode with watches he made some remark about he like chocolate milk but not boscoe. What's up with that? I don't see where that has a flipping thing to do with watches. But, I digress. SO, here is this,....Do I dare say it? Yes, I shall,......treasure!

Photobucket
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pictures from a home made light box Empty Re: Pictures from a home made light box

Post by koimaster Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:46 pm

great photos! Far above what I can do. Watches are pretty nice too. I like the EL. Is that the forum watch they put together a few years ago?
koimaster
koimaster
Owner

Back to top Go down

Pictures from a home made light box Empty Re: Pictures from a home made light box

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm

koimaster wrote:great photos! Far above what I can do. Watches are pretty nice too. I like the EL. Is that the forum watch they put together a few years ago?

Thanks for the very kind words,

And yes that is the same watch. It is the Park Ave model and I can only say good things about it. I am glad I purchased it and if all things are exactly the same in manufacture, I can recommend it. The actual cutting into the watch face as apposed to stamping really sets the brand apart. Or at least in that cosmetic area. I even have a pretty good picture of the watch back (that you may remember) but in a rare move in good taste, I felt it not appropriate to mention the history on the watch or display the back. Kind of being neutral. Not going to give them any positive advertising in here and, at the same time I'm not going to make negative comments about that forum. I do have one other EL. Pictured below. I felt and still do feel the choice of black diamonds was a great idea. It has some real class without giving it that "bling" that the bling haters loath. It does not hurt at all that many in the science community believe this stone is not from this planet but brought here by a comet or some other carrier from outside our atmosphere. It also does not add another $1K to the price.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Noob Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Excellent pics. Thanks for posting, great watches too.
Watch Noob
Watch Noob
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum